Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 20 September 2012

The thing about creativity is...

That there are NO RULES.

I'm doing what I thought I would never be able to do: write three stories at once. Usually I can only write one at a time. I'm a linear writer - I like to be focused (even obsessed) with one thing at a time. But my mind seems to be everywhere at the moment, and I have various plots from various stories seeping out of my brain, so I've taken a deep breath and just started to write whatever comes to mind, whenever.

I'm nervous about it. Usually, for me, this is a sign of "start it, but will never finish it", but I'm confident that that will not be the case this time, as writing has become... well, it's become my life really.

So I have broken what I thought was a rule for me. I am currently writing Awakening (Project Veil), Releasing The Wolf, and The Last Dragon.

All at once.

(Mentally calculates how much I'm going to have to spend on coffee over the next year....)

Oh, heads up: The Witching Pen Novellas Omnibus Edition will be out in digital form tomorrow on Amazon and Smashwords, for about $0.20 less than if you bought all three books all individually. So if you haven't read any of these yet, your chance is coming up!

Dianna xxx


1 comment:

  1. I'm the same. I can't concentrate on more than one book at a time. I wish I could.

    Good luck, hun. All the new projects sound fab! :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete