Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 14 January 2013

A Sexy Soundtrack


Last week I finished my edits for "Creak" - my upcoming release - and sent them back to my editor. I was wrong about the release date - I misread the email I received  silly me - it isn’t today. I am pretty sure it is February, but once I have a confirmation I shall let you know. Nevertheless, it will still be my first release of 2013. So last weeks post still stands. :-P

So, now that I’ve finished editing, and some stuff I needed to catch up on, I am now turning my attention back to one of the projects that I started at the end of last year.

"Truth or Dare?" It is an erotic contemporary short about a group of friends who have a drunken game of truth or dare, and well, I'm sure you can guess what type of naughty things might take place. I’m already at 4,000 and I left off just as the fun was about to begin. So, needless to say I am looking forward to sinking my teeth back in to this little number. ;-P

Truth or Dare? is the second story I have written that isn’t incredibly plot heavy because, well, the aim of the story is the two leads satisfying their sexual appetite. Despite this being a short story, I still need some music to help me with the flow and mood of the book. So, I created a Sexy Soundtrack, which is basically a list of songs that I could imagine playing in the background while my characters get it on. Yeah, I might be a little perverse in that way. Blame it on my vivid imagination.Girl needs to get in the zone. ;-p 

Anyway, the purpose for this collection of songs is, naturally, so that I can a) listen to it every time I am writing a strictly erotic story where the sexual chemistry is the main key factor, and b) when I am writing any intense/sexy scene, or sex scene for a longer book where the relationship of the characters is one of a few key elements.

Not surprisingly most of the songs on this soundtrack are heavy, upbeat, or openly about sex, but they are so damn catchy, and work a treat.

The songs I am currently listening to for "Truth or Dare?" are as follows:

Christina Aguilera - All I want to do is love your body


Usher - Scream


Maroon 5 - Give a little more



Another project I started at the end of last year - and you may remember me mentioning this one - is a paranormal erotic short titled, "Let Me In." The songs that are helping inspire some smexy scenes in this baby are:

Rhianna - Where have you been all my life


Enrique ft Ludicras - Tonight I'm f*&$ing you


Nine Inch Nails - Closer



I don't know about you, but I personally feel that you can tell a lot about a story and its characters by looking at a soundtrack, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment