Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 1 April 2013

Happy Easter!

Firstly, I would just like to point out that Dianna's short story "Happy Anniversary" has been nominated for "Best Indie Short Romance." So, if you could head on over to - http://indieromanceconvention.blogspot.co.uk/ - and vote for her that would be fab. Also, you can get a copy of this sexy little story for free on Amazon, which you just have to go do now, because it is delicious.

~ * ~

I can't believe it is April already. Time seems to be slipping away at an alarming rate, even more so now that we have lost an extra hours sleep. Boo! Although, I have to admit I am looking forward to sunshine and some heat - insert laughter - because I am seriously done with winter.

So, my Easter weekend has been spent Spring cleaning and eating chocolate and a range of other naughty things. Not much excitement I'm afraid so I decided I would share an unedited excerpt from the project I am currently working on. Please be kind because I really mean unedited in the sense of "haven't checked for mistakes what so ever."

This is from my current WIP titled "Let Me In" which is a little story about the consequences of jumping into bed with a demon. ;-P I hope you enjoy!

~ * ~

“Remind me again, how does putting myself out there to be used for one night actually help my self-esteem?”

“This isn’t about self esteem. This is about fun; sexy, dirty, fun.”

“Oh, so I have fun and then continue to feel like crap once it is over? Right, now I remember why this is a really idiotic game.”

“Just pick or I will pick for you.”

“Go ahead and pick. I’m not going up to some stranger and saying, “hey baby, wanna get in my panties, so I can feel like shit in the morning.”

“Now, the first part might actually work. Just stop talking after the word pants, push your tits together, and bat your eyelashes. Simple.”

Grabbing the twenty dollars from the table, I stood up. “I’m getting a drink. Anyone who isn’t interested in feeling cheap in the morning want one?”

Cindy raised her hand. I glanced at Loretta who nodded.

“You use to be fun.” Paige sighed, and stood up. “Shaun has really-”

“Done enough. So, please stop reminding me.” The words felt like gravel in my mouth as I bit them out. Twisting round, my shoulder met with a solid wall of muscle. Stumbling to a halt, I looked up and an apology died on my tongue. Amber eyes looked down at me from the sexiest face I had ever seen in my life; sharp cheekbones accompanied by a jaw that had been made for nibbling. His ink black hair stopped just under his ears, the strands curved out at the bottom.

“Sorry.” The words fell from my lips too silent for the stranger to have heard me, but his lips twisted at the corners.

His large hand came to rest on the small of my back, and he leaned in, pressing his mouth to my ear. “It was my fault entirely.” His breath skated down my neck causing goosebumps to rise over every inch of my skin. A shudder racked down my spine. “And I’m happy to take the blame.”

~ * ~

Happy Easter! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment