Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 30 September 2013

Book Trailers!

Today's question from Dianna: BOOK TRAILERS! What do you think of them? Do you watch them? Like them? Think they're a waste of time?

I have only watched a couple of book trailers, and those ones were actually interesting. One of my fave's was a trailer for Kelley Armstrong's book, "Frostbitten." It is set out in a forest in Anchorage, so it was set to make you feel like you were running in the dark, snow covering everything, all alone . . . Basically you got the idea that it was going to be isolated, and a little stressful lol It was a fab book.


I can't say that I find book trailers to be a waste of time, because in my opinion the mixture of images, music, taglines and/or quotes help set the tone of the book, and a lot of readers like the tease of an upcoming release. I mean, who doesn't like reading excerpts from books by their fave authors? They get you all twitchy and curious, and you're just dying to get your hands on a copy. It's nice to see the inspirational imagery for the world building of characters, and a playlist is always good for the mood of the book, giving us an idea of the flow. Naturally, those are a package in trailers, and I feel that for many authors they do work quite well.


In saying that, I do think that trailers are more helpful to authors. They seemed to be the ideal tool to help describe what they themselves felt when they were writing, and therefore help pull the reader in a little bit more.


So, I guess yes, I do like book trailers. I have seen some fab ones that made me go "Ooo that sounds interesting." 


I haven't yet made one for any of my books, but who knows, maybe one day I will. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment