Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 22 September 2014

Planning Blood Series: Book Two

This week has been spent on the sowing and piecing together Blood Series: Book Two, which is currently untitled as well as a possible novella (1.5). I have been going through old notes, checking maps, and generally just getting things in order.

I have to say it does feel strange to be planning this book, and that is simply because the last time I worked on the series it was 2010. Yeah, it's been a good four years and this is only because a) She-Wolf was released summer 2011, and Cranberry Blood summer 2012. b) Naturally there was edits etc for the preparation of their release, and then c) after CB was released all hell broke loose with the publisher and it kinda put me off wanting to submit the rest of the series to them. So, I put off writing the next books and decided I would simply wait until my contracts ran out. Luckily I didn't have to wait long because the publisher shut Autumn 2013. And as you know for the last year I have been sorting both SW and CB for re-release. So, I just haven't had the time to even think about the next book(s) until now.

I won't lie I am nervous. What I have planned for this book. . . Well, I don't know if you're going to dig it or not, but I'm going with it because what happens has always been the plan. I am also excited. Of course I'm excited. It's going to be good to dive back in to this world and continue - and eventually finish - the story. Heather and Brendan and a couple of the new characters have already been chattering in all the dark corners of my mind, which I take as a very good sign.

I have a good idea of how the first three chapters are going to go and then I will just be going with the flow like the panster I am from that point. I'm almost finished with all the background details, which I want to be finished with by Thursday because I'm actually going to be away for a week visiting family. My plan is to finish book plans and then let stuff stew in my mind for one final week - will no doubt be taking a pad and paper to make notes - but the hope and aim is that by the time I'm home I can just jump right in.

What I will say is that I haven't been able to stop listening to the sound Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars. I tend to have playlists for books - and there is a couple of songs I have for book 2 - but one song will always stand out over the rest. I can't quite decide if this particular song is for book 2 or book 3, or perhaps both. All I do know is the lyrics work, and the mood and feel of the song are totally getting my head into the game. And if it works you gotta go with it, right?

So, if you want a general kinda idea of the mood of the second half of book 2 and possibly book 3, just listen to this awesome song by 30 seconds to mars.



No comments:

Post a Comment