Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 7 June 2012

Closing Time...

I am feeling slightly schizophrenic.

I'm preparing a cover and blurb reveal tomorrow for my new series for 2013, Project Veil. And at the same time, I'm writing The Demon Bride and bringing The Witching Pen Novellas to a close. Even though I like to work on two different projects at a time, I'm actually finding it a little hard this time around, and I think it's because The Demon Bride is kind of intense - being inside those characters are ... well ... consuming. So working on two different projects has me feeling a little loopy!

It's also the first ever series that I've ever brought to a close (although there will be a spin-off novel). And there's a learning curve right there. It's HARD closing a series! No wonder J R Ward is on book 11 of the BDB. Seriously, sometimes, you just can't say goodbye!

This is me in a nutshell at the moment: I'm between a rock and a hard place. The rock is Project Veil, and the hard place is The Witching Pen Novellas. (Or it could be the other way around, I'm not sure...) I'm ending one phase and beginning another. It's uncomfortable. My safe zone is definitely being stretched!

Anyway, tomorrow at 8pm GMT, I shall be unveiling Project Veil. Join me :) It's a public event on Facebook - just click Join: http://www.facebook.com/events/241325909314521/

The Demon Bride
(paperback cover)
And you can keep up to date with my progress of The Demon Bride here: http://www.diannahardy.com/the-demon-bride.html When I finish that book, I'm gonna have a Witching Pen street party! (Hell, yeah, that would be awesome!)








...every new beginning comes with
some other beginning's end.






1 comment:

  1. I'm only at the beginning of my series', but I have no doubt I will be feeling exactly the same when the end is in sight.

    I look forward to the unveiling tomorrow! :-D

    ReplyDelete