Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 9 August 2012

"Away" from work.

I have a nice five days "away" from work, although even as I say this, I'm sort of laughing to myself, because my head never stops buzzing with characters and plot.

I won't be online so much over the next week.

I literally CANNOT WAIT for The Demon Bride to come out. All my other projects sort of feel like they're on standstill until this book is released, and if I was in any doubt before, I am now certain that I am a linear writer: it's next to impossible for me to write two books at once. I can sort of do it a little, but not really. And the book that I am writing, I need to write in order. I can't write chapter one, then chapter twenty, then back to a scene that will probably fit somewhere in the middle.

This is why writing The Demon Bride was a killer for me: I had to keep going back to previous scenes to fit things in after almost every chapter. I wanted to be linear - the book didn't want to be written that way, lol.

Alone
But I digress... am I ever really away from work? No. I'm not. I don't know if I can be, and I'm not sure why. I've always been very "in my head". I've always felt solitary, even when surrounded by people. I don't ever think I really come out of my head. I don't know if it's a good thing or not. Sometimes I think it is, and sometimes I think it isn't.

What about you? Are you in your head all the time? Does "real life" bring you out? Are you happy to be out? Do you find real life all shades of mundane, or do you find it enriches your writing? (<--- I believe this is how it should be, not that it always is, lol...)

Lastly, take a look at the blog post I wrote yesterday on my own blog. In relation to the above, and in an attempt to live in the real world a bit more, I am making my Facebook profile dormant... it will be a testing time, but I always look forward to a challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in my head most of the time, and unfortunately real life is ever present which means I can't stay up there as much as I want too.

    And yeah, writers don't really get "time off" since something always has to be a cookin' in the brain pot, but you deserve a little break after all your hard work. :-)

    ReplyDelete