Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 3 December 2012

Christmas . . .

Is like three weeks tomorrow! Where has the year gone; like seriously? I remember taking my tree down at the beginning of the year. God, it freaks me out how fast time is flying man, it really does.

But in saying that I am totally looking forward to Christmas. I love the fact that you can really feel the season. Something in the air changes and you just suddenly feel all warm and cosy. I love it.

Today I put the tree up. I hate going in the attic for it, but I did, and I'm happy to say I didn't get a giant spider on my head. Yay! Putting the lights on the damn thing always stresses me out, because they are made in a hoop instead of one long line, but needless to say, I did it and it looks pretty. I now have a whole month of telling my cat off for deep-throating the bristles, but unfortunately it has become a tradition in itself. What can I say, my cat is a weirdo.

What about you; is your tree up? Or do you do the twelve day before thing, and the twelve days after?

I get why people do that, but in my opinion December is tree month. So, tree goes up on the December 1st and then comes down on January 1st. I was just a couple days late putting it up this year, but never mind.

Christmas shopping is almost done. I'm on the ball this year, thank god. Last minute Christmas shopping is a super pain in the ass. I have my cards all written out. All I have to do is start sending parcels so they get to their destinations on time.

Needless to say, I am totally ready for Christmas! I even dug out my 3 disc Christmas Compilation album. My fave christmas song isn't on it, which is just typical really.

Wham - Last Christmas

What can I say? It's catchy. I know the lyrics. It's sad, but a little hopeful, and then at the same time realistic.

What's your favourite Christmas song? Are you all ready and excited for Christmas day?

No comments:

Post a Comment