Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 7 December 2012

Releasing The Past...

Firstly, my apologies for not posting yesterday. I had every intention of doing so in the evening, but I overestimated myself.

I was at a funeral yesterday - a family member's funeral. My partner's mother. My daughter's grandmother. And the service was beautiful, as was the woman it was for. I will never forget, and will always be grateful for, the way she welcomed me into the family with open arms :)

Perhaps it is needless to say that by the end of the day I was exhausted (obviously we all were), but I was, and I didn't think I would be quite as exhausted as I was. I still am in fact. My mind is wandering, I'm restless (despite being tired) and I can't seem to focus on any one thing.

I have Rogue Rider sitting here waiting for me to read it. It's been here for damn near a month now, but I have not been able to start it. I want to. I'd like to chill out for a few hours and read a book from a favourite author straight through, but for some reason, I'm anxious about relaxing. I guess it's because for the past month, we haven't really been able to. So now, it feels strange to...

Cry Of The Wolf is banging away inside my head ready to explode. I just know that when I write it, it'll all come pouring out - it has that feel to it - but I'm not in the right place to write at the moment.

Releasing The Wolf has done really well on publication and I'm over the moon :) Looking back, I'm not entirely sure how I got it finished, but writing can be like that. When you do it, you're in it one hundred percent.

I'm sure I'm being impatient with myself (as usual). I need to let go of everything for a bit and quiet my mind.

So this is me gone for the rest of the night: I am going to attempt Rogue Rider - finally. May the power of words do its thing. If it does, you won't hear from me tomorrow morning either ;)

Dianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment