Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 14 June 2013

The angel in the marble.

I am beavering away at The Last Dragon.

Over 21,656 words complete - a lot more still to go.

I've booked two days away in July, so I can stay in London City near Canary Wharf - the place where The Last Dragon will be rising ;) My partner will be looking after our daughter when I'm away, and I'm having one of those moments where I'm feeling so very grateful for the man in my life - his patience with my whole 'being an author' thing, lol. (We're not easy to live with, folks, are we?)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to two days of solid writing (well, as solid as possible). I don't believe I write as fast as many others, but I do know that I'm thorough with every single sentence I write, in its action and meaning. So here's to an action-fuelled, meaningful two days away :D

Up until then, I'll be chipping away at this book, shaping it into what I want it to be. On that note, I shall leave you with Michelangelo's words (very fitting for The Last Dragon, I'm sure you'll agree) -

"I saw the angel in the marble
and carved until I set him free."


No comments:

Post a Comment