Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 10 October 2013

eBooks vs. print books: which do you prefer?

Thank you, Elizabeth, for a great question :)

Without beating around the bush, paperbacks still win for me, both as a reader and a writer. There is nothing quite like the feel of holding a story you love, with the cover and everything.

However, I wouldn't be anywhere as an author if it weren't for eBooks. And my eReader also helps me incredibly with my editing and formatting. As a buyer, if I'm not sure about a story or new author, I'm generally (not always) paying less to try out a new one via eBook, so am more likely to try them out in the first place. Lastly, it's great to be able to go away for a few days and take my eReader, as opposed to three heavy books in my luggage (which is what I used to do).

BUT ... paperbacks still win. For some reason, the whole experience just seems more real and tangible if you're reading from a physical book. I actually hate to say that, because I am a huge fan of the eBook, but you just can't beat having a story you love in print.

Dianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment