Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 30 December 2013

What's in store for 2014?


Well, 2013 is almost over. I can't say that I'm sorry, because despite the excitement of self-pubbing my first book, my new job, and the arrival of new family members and friends, this year hasn't been great in a lot of ways, which I won't go into.

2014 is already shaping up to be eventful in regards to my personal life as I have a couple of family weddings and hen nights to partake in. Lots of shopping to be done for outfits etc. It's fun to be a girl.

Otherwise, I will be buckling down and going through She-wolf (Prequel) and Cranberry Blood (Book 1) in The Blood Series. As I mentioned in one of my posts round September, the publishing company these books were with has closed and I got the rights back. Yay!

I wanted to self-pub this series and you better believe I'm gonna. I intend to start going through these books in Jan one after the other and then head straight into writing book 2, which I still don't have a title for at the moment. I'm excited, a little freaked out, because it has been a while since I was in this world, but after the last two years of juggling story ideas, and then having a job . . . I have decided that as much as I want to write all the new shiny story ideas I have, I'm actually no good at juggling.

So, I intend to spend 2014 getting She-Wolf and Cranberry Blood republished, and finishing and publishing book 2. If I don't write anything else, well, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. My priority is getting this series out there and getting on with it. At the moment I am planning on publishing both books at the same time, because they're technically done, and have already been published. So, spacing their release just doesn't make sense to me. Also, despite the high word count - She-Wolf is 60k+ and Cranberry Blood is 90k+ - because they have been published already they will be on sale for a slightly lower price.

So yes, 2014 will see me focusing on writing the long awaited second book in The Blood Series.

The good thing is I also go the rights back to my sweet contemporary romance, Stepping Stones, which I have cleaned up and submitted, and the short sexy story I wrote a few months back, Truth or Dare? will be getting published in 2014. (I'm still waiting on an official release date.)

So, despite possibly only writing one book at least I will have a few releases next year, unlike this year which has been awfully slow, and I do apologize for that.

I don't like setting schedules or dates, mainly because every time I do real life forces me to push everything back. For example, I had originally planned to start going over She-Wolf in November . . . yeah, it didn't happen. Retail and Christmas, what can I say.

So, this is a very loose schedule for 2014, but at least it kinda gives y'all an idea:

Truth or Dare?

A short erotic story coming soon from Decadent Publishing - Let's just say early 2014

Blurb:

Do you dare tell the truth?

A tequila fuelled game of Truth or Dare is not Dani’s idea of fun, but when Cameron, the jerk who rejected her a year ago is the one provoking her into playing, how can she say no? Not that he’s giving her the option in the first place.

Bravado compels her forward, but when the dares get physical and their friends leave them alone, Cameron’s questions turn to her feelings for him, and unfortunately, lying is not part of the game.
Will a dare give Dani the courage she needs to tell Cameron the truth?

She-Wolf
(The Blood Series Prequel)

Paranormal Erotic Romance - Self Published - I'm aiming for summer (July/August)

Blurb:
Dealing with the Rogue werewolves terrorizing his Pack... simple. Trying to convince his mate he does want to be with her... bloody impossible.

Owen MacLaren, might be the Alphas son and the Packs second but he has never been one to let anything get to him. So when a bunch of Rogues begin purposely dumping mutilated bodies around the Pack Keep, he is more than ready to deal with the Werewolves responsible. But one trip to a local strip joint for a colleagues stag night changes things, and Owen soon discovers he isn’t immune to everything...

After five years away Clare Walker finds herself back home, in Scotland.... working in a strip club. The tips are decent and she gets to dance, but it isn't a place she thought she would ever be, let alone Owen, her Pack second and the Werewolf who broke her heart.

Although Owen is determined to prove he wants to be with her, things can't go smoothly between them, not when they have past issues to sort out, and a bunch of unusual 'Rogues'... to deal with.    
  
Cranberry Blood
(Book 1 in The Blood Series)

Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance - Self Published - I'm aiming for summer (July/August)

Blurb:

Killing Vampires? Easy. Tracking someone? Simple. Helping, and protecting a Vampire slayer... Bloody hard work!

Thirteen years ago, Brendan Daniels made a deal with a psychic. In exchange for information on the whereabouts of a Rogue Werewolf, he promised to help and protect Sofia's granddaughter. Unfortunately, he had no idea what he was getting himself, or his Pack, into.

Nothing about Heather is simple, from her weird dietary needs to her life’s mission. The girl can handle herself, but the promise to protect her soon becomes a need, and one that he can't fully understand.
Vampire Slayer. Born Infected. Blood addict... but not by choice.
Heather Ryan is the most recent slayer in a long family line. Like all before her, she has spent her life searching for her ancestor, Marko Pavel, the Vampire her family has sworn to kill. If that isn't complicated enough, Heather is also a born "Infected", and to keep her from becoming insane or giving in to her darker side, she is on a very strict diet.

Grandmother Sofia has passed, so now it is up to Heather to take the family legacy into her own hands, all alone: or at least, it would have been, if her Grandmother hadn't sent a Werewolf to help her.

What is the irritating Brendan supposed to help Heather with? Sofia never told either one of them. But it doesn't take long for Heather and Brendan to find out that the Vampires have big plans, and that the fiends have waited a long time for them both.

Stepping Stones

Sweet Contemporary Romance - Submitted - With a little luck this title will be contracted and published

Blurb:

There's nothing like a wedding to bring the family together . . . .

And if it wasn't her baby sister's wedding, Margaret West wouldn't be returning home at all.

Why else would she go back after six years, knowing full well that she had people to face, and explanations to give?

If her parents' interrogation wasn't bad enough, the fact that she has to be civil to her foster brother, Adrian, is worse. Best friends since childhood, they haven’t spoken since he went to America . . . the day before Margaret was suppose to be married.

And to make matters even more awful, her ex-fiance William, is the Vicar who will be conducting her sister's wedding ceremony!

All want an answer from her, and they aren't taking no as one of them. Why did she run in the first place? Why has she been so angry with Adrian? Why didn't she marry William?

Margaret isn't even sure she knows the real reason any more.


As always, I look forward to see what life has in store for me in this next year. I'm excited to crack on with The Blood Series, and I remain eternally grateful for the support and friendship of my readers and fellow authors. Thank you all so much.

I hope you all have a fabulous New Year, and I will see you on the other side. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment