Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 9 January 2014

My resolution for 2014?

Elizabeth asked me: What resolutions do you have for 2014 personally and professionally?

My answer is: concentrate more on what I'm doing, and less on what others are doing.

When I started writing and publishing, I sort of had to take note of what people were doing (of course, I still do, really ... you need to keep on top of what's happening around you), but another author's reality is not yours or mine.

I've come to a point where I have to fully concentrate on what I'm writing so I can deliver it without distraction, and I do find places like Facebook and Twitter to be a distraction.

It's unrealistic to limit my Facebook time, because it's necessary for my marketing and for me to sell books, but I had a successful period last year where I didn't look at my Newsfeed at all for a short while and I felt better for it - I only worked off my Author Page so I only interacted with my fans (fans, you know how much I love you, right?). I need to do that again! I became reacquainted with my Newsfeed over Christmas 'cause I was being all social, but I really need to get off it now for the sake of my sanity - I have a love-hate relationship with social media, and I'm sure I'm not the only author to feel this way.

So come join me on my Author Page because that's where I'll be :) But if you're not on my author page, you'll have to tag me / @mention me if you want me :p

Dianna xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment