Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 9 June 2014

Stepping Stones Visuals

A week tomorrow my sweet contemporary romance story, Stepping Stones will be re-released. The release tour will run from June 16th till July 2nd, during this week you will learn more about the book and how I came up with the idea, but I thought that it might be nice to share the visuals to some of the places mentioned in the book.

The most important visual is this one. Stepping Stones is set in The Lizard, Landewednack, Cornwall. The main reason for this is that when I had the idea for the story, which came to me in a dream, I saw a church on a cliff. So, I went on the hunt for a church on a cliff or at least one that was near to the ocean and I stumbled across St Wynwallows, C of E, Church Cove and I immediately fell in love with it.


The church was perfect, along with the small village itself. It had everything I needed; it was coastal, quiet, quaint, and also a place I hadn't written about yet, which I always like. I try my hardest to set all my stories in different cities, or countries, unless the characters have a fit and demand the story stay in a certain area.

The next important visual is Lizard Point Lighthouse. This lighthouse features in a "life changing decision" flashback scene.

Then we have the Lizard Lifeboat Station, Church Cove, which is a place that Maggie was fond of as a child, but it is also the place where she finally admits the truth to herself and the individual she is sitting with. Not naming any names lol



These three pictures/places were the reason - along with my dream and the fact that everything just matched up so lovely and felt right - why I decided to set the story in Cornwall. So with my visuals at hand I wrote the book, which was originally published in November 2012. After the published closed late 2013, I polished it up and submitted to one of my other publishers and they offered me a contract.

The version which will be released next Tuesday is tons better than the original and I am very happy with it, and really can't wait to get it back out there for you all. So, stay tuned. Next Monday I will be giving you tour details along with the info on how you could be in with a chance of winning yourself a copy or some swag. :-)

Fun/ Crazy Fact: as well as sharing a release date with my blog partner and good friend, Dianna Hardy; both our books are set in Cornwall, and weddings/marriage plays a part in our stories. (It has taken me until writing this post to actually realize this lol but there you have it.) ;-P

~~~

Pictures featured in this post where copied/pasted from the following sites;

No comments:

Post a Comment