Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 7 September 2012

Dreaming the book...

I swear to God, that I thought I had posted something on here last night. And I've done this before: dreamt something, and thought it was real, only to discover it never happened. It's a wonder I'm still sane :s

And this led to me remembering the dreams I used to have (I have them less nowadays owing to a toddler that rarely sleeps through the night) when I would write entire books or scripts in my head. The whole thing. And on the brink of 'awake', I remember everything - it's all imprinted in my mind: the plot, some exact lines ... so crystal clear...

And then I wake up and it GONE.

I've done this with languages too. In some of my past dreams I've been writing / talking / reading in fluent French, and when I wake up, I can't remember a single word!

I really, really think it's a past life thing. I'm sure I used to be French in a few past lives. We use so little of our brains; it makes you wonder what it would be like to have total clarity; total memory of all that came before for us. Wow...

Have you had dreams like above?

Lastly, I'm re-releasing one of those erotic short stories I took down a while back, Happy Anniversary (not a paranormal). It's been through the tiniest bit of editing, and it's due to be up online in a few hours. All info here: http://www.diannahardy.com/happy-anniversary.html

Blurb

Claudia's been working too many nights, too hard. One drunken evening, she promises to make it up to her husband, Martin, on their anniversary – by doing anything he asks of her.

Martin is not only going to make sure she keeps her word, but is determined to remind her exactly what she's been missing these past few months.


Publisher's Notes:
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Length: short story (approx. 5000 words)
First published in April, 2011, under the pseudonym Elysa Summers - this is an updated re-release.

A Note From The Author:
For those of you that have come to this book via my current paranormal romance and urban fantasy titles, please note that this is quite different. It is not plot-heavy like my current work – it is literally what it says on the packaging: an erotic short story about a marriage rekindled (with the emphasis being on the erotic). Happy reading!

Look out for it :)

1 comment:

  1. I have really weird dreams. Some are good for story ideas, the rest are just twisted. My brain is odd.

    I do believe in reincarnation, though, and I honestly think I have had a few trips. I would like to go and have regression one day, and find out if I'm right.

    I do think it is possible, though, for you to see things in your dreams. I've always thought that deja-vu is kinda like you seeing a slice of your future. Naturally, deja-vu can be short, sweet, and pointless, but still, I think there's something in it.

    The book sounds like a saucy little number. I shall be adding that to my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete