Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Families!

Yesterday was crazy. And I don't mean in an awesome, amazing, super fabulous things happened yesterday kinda way. It sucked on a personal level. Family stuff went crazy. There were tears and a lot of stress and by the end of it all I fell in to bed with a monster headache.

Which is the main reason I am so idiotically late with posting. I physically couldn't do anything yesterday evening. It was a nightmare.

I guess if there is one thing decent out of the mess of yesterday it was that it gave me an idea for posting - that and a nice email off my editor.

Families. We love 'em. We hate 'em. We could live without 'em, but at the end of the day your family is your family, and despite all the bad stuff, harsh words, idiot actions . . . you can't not love them.

I have a big family, and despite the fact that I don't get to see half of them most of the time, and the fact that I don't always get along with some members, or others infuriate me; I still love them and support them in all they do. And at the end of the day you have to, or more to the point you should, because that is what your family is for; support.

Margaret - Maggie - West, the leading lady of my sweet contemporary romance, "Stepping Stones," forgets that. She makes a spontaneous decision, and runs away from her family over a matter and then cuts herself off from them for six years. When she finally goes back she has a lot to answer for, and things that she needs to figure out.

I had the idea for this book a good couple of years ago. It was actually a dream I had where I was playing Maggie's part. This story is practically innocent compared to every other I have written, but in a lot of small ways - and thinking about it after the events of yesterday - this book is probably the most personal to me. There are a few similarities in relationships, and some of the thoughts she has in regards toward her family, well, I have had them myself, if that makes sense?

I'm not going into detail about that, mainly because it is indeed personal, and also because if you decided to read it you will probably be trying to figure out which parts I'm talking about; and I think I want to leave you all to guess. Yeah, I'm mean like that. ;-P

Anyway, fingers crossed this book should be released by the end of the month. I wish I had a book cover to show you, but I don't. So for now I am going to leave you with the rough blurb:

There's nothing like a wedding to bring the family together . . . .

And if it wasn't her baby sister's wedding, Margaret West wouldn't be returning home at all.

Why else would she go back after six years, knowing full well that she has people to face, and explanations to give?

If her parents interrogation isn't bad enough, the fact that she has to be civil to her foster brother, Adrian, is. Best friends since childhood, they haven't spoken since he went to America . . . The day before Margaret was supposed to be getting married.

And to make matters worse, her ex-fiancé, William, is the Reverend who will be conducting her sister's wedding ceremony!

All want an answer from her, and they aren't taking "no" as one of them. Why did she run in the first place? Why has she been so angry with, Adrian? Why didn't she marry, William?

Margaret isn't even sure that she knows the real reason any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment