Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Small side project(s)

So, this post is a little late. Mainly because I wasn't a hundred percent sure what I wanted to blog about today. This last week has been rather slow. I've had a cold, which hasn't been fun, and I've been feeling a little eh today. Not sure why, but hey, what can you do? Tomorrow is another day.

Last Monday I mentioned a small side project that snuck up on me. I'm still in the early stages with it and don't have any excerpt that I'm happy with to actually share, but I can tell you that it features an Incubus. Oh yeah, sexy demon time. ;-p

A little inspiration found with the help of google images.
The story is going to be short, and in two parts: part one: Let me in, and part two: Let me stay. I can't see either story being longer than about 4/5k and that is basically because they are more on the dark erotic side. No happily ever afters, well, at least not in a romantic sense any way.

I'm actually enjoying how sexy and uncomplicated this little number is. The story hasn't got a heavy plot. It's interesting without being complicated, and it's sort of refreshing from everything else I have written to date.

Unfortunately, I find it rather difficult to write more than one story at a time, but I kinda get why some writers take breaks from bigger projects to do a little something on the side. Snaps the knots which are so easily created sometimes when planning bigger books.

But yeah, I'm creating my own brand of Incubus and a way in which his kind work. Although, his victim may soon regret locking eyes with him in a crowded room. Sex is fun, but if you're not careful, it can be deadly.

*Cue evil laughter*

Hopefully by next week I will have a tasty excerpt that I can share. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment