Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 17 December 2012

All I want for Christmas is . . .

Books! :-P The only problem is I have forbidden myself to buy any more until I have at least read the pile of paperbacks that I need to get through. :-( I'm ignoring the 200 eBooks in my "too read" folder on my kindle. I will get to them eventually.

I never know what to sat when I get asked "what do you want for Christmas?" because in truth there is nothing that I want that I can't save up and get myself. Is it just me or does it seem more difficult to make your mind up about gifts the older you get?

I love Christmas, but what I like about it the most is the festive feeling that invades the air during December. I don't know if anyone else feels it, but there is this homely feeling, and a particular scent to the season. Perhaps it's just me.

Naturally, Christmas is more for kids, or at least I believe that. When you are one, or when you have children of your own it somehow seems a lot more exciting, and I suppose that is a) due to the belief in Santa, and b) because when you're a kid you can't buy all these cool presents that mystically appear under that magical tree.

I don't know. There is nothing that I desperately want this year, so as always, I list off the things I would just like. At this moment in time DVD's are the first thing to spring to mine. I love movies. Plus the cinema is way to expensive nowadays.

But naughty little me spent an hour today snooping at all the upcoming books by my fave authors. Needless to say my wishlist has expanded once more. *le sigh* There are just too many wonderful writers out there, and too many fab stories. And I am so behind on all of the series I love:

Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews - I need to read book 6 & 7 and all the novellas that have come out in between.

Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs - I actually got book 6 from a friend for Christmas - tehehe - so I may have to squeeze it in soon since book 7 is out early next year.

The Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter - I think I'm 3 books behind in this series.

Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian - yet again about 2/3 books

And they are just the four main series that I follow. I've been such a naughty reader this year. *hangs head* Well, I'm just going to have to catch up in 2013 because all the next books are due out as well as a ton of other awesome titles including "Cry of the Wolf: Book 2 in the Eye of the Storm Series" by my awesome friend and blogger, Dianna Hardy.

What? Don't look at me like that. I'm allowed to plug her upcoming book if I want to. Book 1 "Releasing the Wolf" was fab and sexy as hell. If you haven't read it, and you love Werewolf stories then you need too read it! Buy it for yourself for Christmas. We are all entitled to a little treat. ;-P

Talking about treats, what are you hoping to find wrapped and hiding under the tree this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment