Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 10 December 2012

My 2013 plan

With us getting closer to Christmas - as in it is 2 weeks tomorrow. Yay! - I keep hearing the same comment from both customers and family in concern to a number of things; such as diets, career decisions etc. "Start in the new year. Wait until after Christmas."

What is it about the new year that makes us so excited? What is it about the beginning of the year that makes us hopeful, and ready to start a fresh?

Well, clearly it is because it is a brand new year, because it's another twelve months worth of possibilities.

It seems a little in sane really. It's just another year filled with the same months, but then again it is another year in our lives, and who knows what will happen?

I suppose I am a little early with this post since there is still three years until we roll into 2013 - where has the year gone? - but since the end of the year is looming I find myself naturally having to make plans in regards to projects next year. Feeling positive about work and how much I will - hopefully - complete and achieve.

The plan as it stands at the moment is as follows:

I plan to have my short contemporary erotic story "Truth or Dare?" finished by the end of this month so I can edit it and submit it in January.

My first erotic thriller novella has been contracted with Secret Cravings Publishing and will be released early 2013; either February or April. More news on that when I have it.

I'm hoping to have a clearer idea of the length of my other WIP "Let Me In," so that I can finish it - as I have 5k already - and get that edited and submitted early 2013.

But my biggest goal for next year is to self-publish the two interlocking books that will be kick starting my new series, "Generation-Breed."

This series is a bit of a genre mash-up and I don't know where it will land at the moment. It is a futuristic dystopian series with splashes of paranormal, and a superhero feel. I'm very excited about this series, and I can't wait to share it with you. I have already started these books. I will admit I've hit a wall, but I am determined to get through it because I love the world, and I love my main characters. And I think you ladies will like Christopher, and a lot. ;-P I don't have a date for it yet, but I'm hoping to have both books published before August 2013.

Last but not least, I hope to have Book 2 in The Blood Series written, and hopefully completed. The book is currently untitled, but I have already started planning, and I look forward to the progression of Heather and Brendan's adventure.

So, that is hopefully what I will accomplish next year.

What are your plans? What do you wish to achieve next year? Is there anything you're looking forward too?

No comments:

Post a Comment