Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 11 April 2013

It's a good thing I write fiction because...

I've come to think that it's a good thing I write fiction, because I don't know how good I am at the real life stuff. I find it hard to see it as real life - most of the time, I feel like I'm living other people's reality. Is this my world? It doesn't feel like my world...

I can be a bit of a clutz. I get things wrong.

I call people (who I am trying to acquire a service from) by the wrong name - did it today. Ah ... at least my little hole is comfy...

I never know what's going on half the time. I hate interrupting conversations that people are having, so often I'll be the one at the edge of some social gathering trying not to look uncomfortable and like I don't belong. My thoughts are so weird most of the time, that I often find conversation either difficult or pointless. I hate formal occasions. Sometimes I can get into the role and pretend this is "me" for an evening, but it is a pretense - give me my worn out jeans to wear any time.

Growing up, ever since I can remember, I often felt like an alien, or like I was born in the wrong time and place. As if The Powers That Be chucked me out of the proverbial plane by accident and I ended up ... not where I was supposed to be.

Still I feel like this. Even as an adult, I have not been able to shake it.

Yeah. Thank god for the ability to write my own reality fiction.

Dianna x

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to some extent. Although, I wouldn't even know where to begin, but real life sometimes seems like . . . crazy. I don't know. I'm always in my head, and always wondering what's next, which is rather bad in terms of living in the moment.

    Oh, I hated being a child. I really couldn't wait to be a grown-up, but my whole life I've just felt like I'm floating. I kinda hate it, because I feel like I'm lost. I suppose that's why I've always been into the creative stuff. There is direction to it. No floating. Plus, it's like totally fun and awesome to create stuff. :-P

    SO yeah, I kinda get what you mean. xxx

    ReplyDelete