Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 26 April 2013

Writing on The Last Dragon has "officially" begun.

And this was my excuse for not blogging last night. I felt the pull of writing and really needed to get stuck back into it for my own sake - to know that I still could!

I'm not a writer who can finish one project and go straight into the next. I need to be "obsessed" with my characters to a certain extent to write them, so I sort of feel like I need to get to know them all over again to be able to write from inside their heads.

Well, I'm pleased to say that last night, the characters came to life and the writing flowed smoothly :) All under the Scorpio, partially eclipsed, full moon. I completed 1160 words, and since my aim is 1000 words a day, that's good.

Unfortunately, the rest of the night was difficult, with my daughter awake for most of the night with a healing (and highly itchy, and still slightly gungey) inner-ear - no fun at all. I finally got some sleep from about 5:30am. Needless to say, my sense of humour appears to be missing this morning.

Anyway, onto more motivational thoughts... I posted this up on my FB page and thought I'd share it here too:


Yeah ... I'm looking forward to this too :D

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Dianna xxx




1 comment:

  1. Glad your on a roll, hun. I have to say The Last Dragon sounds very awesome.

    Sorry to hear your daughter isn't feeling so great. I hope she feels better real soon. xxxx

    ReplyDelete