Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 3 May 2013

Bad things, good things, family life and sunshine.

Yep ... it's Friday and the week has flown by! (And I should have posted yesterday...)

Bad things: my daughter's ear infection has been persistent, even with antibiotics, which she's just finishing off. It makes any parent crazy, and I don't know if I have the right to add double to that with being a writer and trying to squeeze in the writing around illness - everyone needs to work - but it sure feels like insanity is brewing! Trying to coop up an arty type of person is like trying to cage anything wild. It's close to suffocation. Add to that that my partner is also not feeling too well, and we have the perfect recipe for "caged in" ... but he has been fantastic with helping out, even through his own cold, so I really can't complain there. I was out for about two hours yesterday from tiredness alone (and the tell-tale signs of hayfever - God, I hate hayfever) but am refreshed today :)

Good things: over 3% of The Last Dragon has been written and WHAT a 3% it is. Talk about an opening :p Now, 3% doesn't sound a lot, but this is going to be a long book I think, and we all have to start somewhere. I will get more writing time in tonight hopefully...

Also, my daughter (even with her ear) goes to her very first dance class tomorrow morning! She's growing up so fast. Yeah, it's a little sad, but mostly I'm over the moon that she's growing and becoming independent. Of course I'll miss my baby girl a little, but I don't think I'll be one of those mums that pine for the time when their kids were itty-bitty. I want to see her grown up and taking life by the horns. I do kinda wish I didn't have to get any older though, lol. Immortality rocks - I'd choose to be young and immortal any day! In our heads, I don't think we ever grow over the age of 24 - I'm still there at twenty-four.

And it looks like this bank holiday weekend (we get a long weekend here in the UK, with Monday being a holiday) is going to be super-sunny and warm. Welcome back, summer - I have missed you :D

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Dianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment