Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 20 May 2013

Loose Writing Schedule for the rest of 2013

So this is a very loose writing schedule. I realize that I haven't spoken a lot about my books etc these last couple of months, or rather, about what's bouncing about it my head. Surprisingly there is a lot bouncing around in my head, and although there is a lot of room for creativity and it is up to me what I write . . . unfortunately I can't write quick enough and I have to organize projects.

I kinda hate organizing projects. I should just write whatever I am most interested in, but the thing is when you have series - ones that you have started and published - they kinda take priority over all the new ideas. So, I gotta lock all the new ideas away for now and hope I will get around to them eventually.

The nice things if that for the last couple of weeks I have been having scenes and slithers of dialogue for the sequel to Cranberry Blood, which hasn't got a title at the moment. I have delayed starting this next book due to all the havoc that took place with the publishing company last summer, but I miss my characters and their world and despite everything I can't, and won't, stop writing just because of what has happened. Why should I, my characters, or you the readers miss out on this adventure?

So, I plan to crack on with the next book in The Blood Series, but not until I have finished my current WIP, and figured out if it's a standalone, a series, or a mini series.

I also plan to write the next book in The Overseers Series at some point at the end of the year. I don't like the fact there has been a big gap since book 1 was released, but due to low sales I have had to step back and make some decisions in regards to The Collector and the series on a whole, but more on that nearer the time.

As for my planned self-pub series - Generation-Breed - which I am still in the process of writing . . . After looking at it, I have realized this is going to be a side project that I work on slowly. The story has layers. More than I thought. More than I can currently get my head around and I need it to fit, and work, make sense, and be good. I don't want to rush it, or ruin it. So, it is a semi-back-burned project.

The other thing is I am currently waiting to hear back on two submissions and another matter. I'm so not a patient person, but what can I do? If there is anything I have come to learn - and at least it is starting to sink into my head this year - it's that I need to keep busy so I don't obsessively check my inbox. And that it really doesn't matter how much I write a year as long as what I write is good and interesting, and that I'm happy with it.

So, this is a very loose writing schedule for this year:

Truth or Dare? (Contemporary Erotic Short) - In submission

Watermaker: Book 1 in the Black Water Trilogy (New Adult Futuristic Romance) - In submission

Let Me In (Dark Erotic Paranormal) - Writing  - I hope to have this completed by mid-July

Blood Book 2 (Dark Paranormal Sensual Romance) - I plan to start this book in August and have it finished before Christmas.

Project - I'm waiting to hear about this particular story and aim to self-publish and release it in September, with a little luck.

The Keeper: Book 2 in The Overseers Series (Paranormal Erotic Romance) - I hope to start this project in December and finish it early 2014

Hopefully there is something on there for you all to look forward to? All I know is that I can't wait to share these stories with y'all. Wish me luck! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment