Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 5 August 2013

If you could be any character . . .



Today's question: If you could be any character from a book or movie - or both - who would you be and why?

Difficult question, because I think in the case of a lot of the books I have read I wanted to be any of the character or at least be a part of their world. Same goes for movies.

You see, I originally wanted to be an actress and the reason for that is because it allows you to be anyone or anything you want to be; you can be someone else. You can have a thousand different experiences; have a hundred jobs all inside that one career.

Since childhood I have wanted to be almost every super-heroine and villain I came across. I've wanted to be Christine Dae from The Phantom or the Opera; Cinderella, although mainly in The Slipper and the Rose version of the story. I've wanted to be a vampire, and a shifter; a pirate and a kick-ass heroine like on of Angelin Jolie's characters, or Kate Beckinsale in Underworld or Van Helsing. I wanted to be Jane Eyre. I wanted to be in Star Wars, or be an alien in Doctor Who (or one of his companions. I just love the show.)

Sci-fi, period drama, chick-lit, horror, musicals, steampunk, paranormal . . . The truth is I wanted to act because I wanted to be characters. There was no thrill like standing in front of an audience and knowing your the one causing them to laugh or cry. I liked not having to be me. There are so many traits I wish I had. So many things I wish I could be, but I'm not. When you're someone else you get to give yourself a makeover; be big-headed, cruel, soppy, funny, anything you want.

I'd be any of the above characters because I'd love to go on their adventures. See what they see, and do what they do. It certainly helps that there is love and action in most of the above - danger and passion, who wouldn't want that in their life - and that the male leads, no matter hoe imperfect they are, still manage to be swoon worthy.

It's a sad answer I suppose and I guess if I'd have believed in myself a little more I would pursued an acting career, because I have to say, I do miss the stay. You get such a buzz. There's nothing quite like it, but that's not the point. If I could be any character in the world I wouldn't be able to pick just one. I would have to pick all of them, because I would have an adventure no matter whose shoes I was in. Characters lives, after all, seem so much more interesting, intense and fuller, but then I guess they have to be otherwise no one would take interest in their stories.

What about you? Do you have a particular character you would love to step into the shoes of? Or are you greedy like me and want to be every amazing character you have ever come across?

No comments:

Post a Comment