Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Thursday 5 September 2013

Which historical place would I like to visit?

Which historical place would you most like to visit and why? (asks Elizabeth.)

Hmmm ... I feel really lucky because England is historic. In some ways, I feel as if I've visited so may historic places already, from churches built in the 12th century, to rolling mounds of barrows that surround ancient stone circles. So, I can't say I have an urge to venture to any specific historic places for the most part.

I have also been to Olympia in Greece  to see the very first athletic stadium ever built. That was pretty monumental - I could imagine demi-gods duelling with mortals, and it wasn't actually that much of a stretch to the imagination. Standing there, among the temples and olive groves, it was actually hard to picture the scene with only mortals, and hard to believe gods don't exist (the angry kind, too, lol).

I think, if I had the money right now, I would love to visit Egypt and see the pyramids. I have never been there, and Egypt will feature in Heart Of The Wolf, so I am feeling a sense of longing for it, and not just because it's historical, but because it's mystical. If you add historical with mystical, I am there!

I'm also positive that I've had (probably more than one) past life in ancient Egypt - I've had vague memories, although, bizarrely, they have been waking memories and not dreams... I'll put it in a book one day ;)

Dianna xx

From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us.
Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

  1. You lucky lady. I don't really have a hankering to travel, but the only places I do want to visit are:

    Greece - loved Greek mythology since we studied it in primary school.

    Venice - I've been to Rome and would like to go again, but Venice fascinates me.

    And Egypt - Again I found Egypt and its history just as interesting as Greek mythology. Fell in love with it more so after I watched the film "The Mummy," but it's their beliefs in the afterlife which really fascinate me.

    I'm looking forward to "Heart of the Wolf." ;-P xx

    ReplyDelete