Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 10 February 2014

A Champagne Lunch?


Dianna’s question for me today; In the spirit of Valentine’s, what is your favourite location for a champagne lunch?

Well, I haven’t really had much romance in my life so I can’t say that I have a favourite location for any type of romantic situation, but if there is one thing I am good at it is setting the scene.

I have to say I’m not actually a very fussy person. I have always personally believed that romance is not the scene/setting, but the company and how the time is spent together.

Also, I strongly believe that romance is all about interpretation; one person may conjure candlelight, roses, soft music, and dinner in a secluded room, or even a busy restaurant, another person may think that a day at a funfair is romantic, sitting on a bench eating fish and chips.

So, with all that in mind, and pretending for the slightest moment that I have wonderful company to share a champagne dinner with . . . . I shall set some scenes that I might find to be a romantic situation.

Outdoors; a park, or field. A picnic under a blossom tree – I happen to find them very beautiful – late on a summer afternoon, watching the sunset. Cliché? Perhaps, but I’m fantasising here.

Outdoors; the back garden, or a hotel balcony. Sitting outside, somewhere private, with the stars above – I’m a bit of a night owl. I much prefer the night to the day.

Indoors: your home. I think this is pretty self explanatory, but yes, a romantic meal at home is also a nice idea.

Indoors: I love the theatre. It is a very magical and well, spiritual place for me. So, champagne dinner and a show. A little straight forward, but watching a love story on stage, and then spending time with someone special afterwards – or before hand – is still romantic, at least to me.

I think I could go on, but really it is the effort and thought put in to romantic plans that make them so special.
Well, I know I want be getting a champagne dinner this year, but I hope you all have a lovely Valentine’s day, and that you remember that love should be celebrated every day, not just Feb 14th.


No comments:

Post a Comment