Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Friday 7 February 2014

The Spell of Summer update at 26,800 words in.

I LOVE this story!!! When I got the idea for The Spell of Summer, I loved it then, but it all seemed to change when I started writing it and the vision altered and it wasn't what I thought it would be. That infuriated me a bit, but in the end I went with it, and I'm now in a place where I'm in love with what's happening. It's soooo very different from writing my paranormal stories and I feel I'm growing as a writer through this, solely because stretching yourself is necessary for learning and growing.

I've mentioned before that it reads a bit like women's fiction - it does, but it also reads a bit like a contemporary romance and it does have a paranormal flair to it, although nowhere near as much as my other books. This story is not only about a woman's journey - it's a journey for all the characters. I tried to keep it just about the hero and heroine - honest I did! I failed. It's just not me. I have to write about all the people - they are all so interesting, they all feed the hero and heroine's stories, and their stories will also unfold over the next few books...

Oooo ... did I just say that? Yes, I did! I envision, currently, four books in the Once Times Thrice series - all of them standalones, but with characters that overlap. And I am so over trying to 'categorise' this book and series now (even though I'll need to when to comes to publishing it) - it just is what it is.

Here is the latest visual teaser, as I am now 33% in - I am one third of the way to completing this book :D

(Click image to enlarge.)






















Lastly, if you have not yet read my Witching Pen series, please grab it right now. For the first time ever, the entire series is available in a boxed set for ONLY $0.99 / £0.77 until the 17th February, and this offer is exclusive to Amazon. Here are the links:  AMAZON US   AMAZON UK

Have an awesome Friday and weekend!

Dianna xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this book, hun. It's sounding fab so far. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete