Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 9 March 2015

A Message from Dianna and Elizabeth...


I'm not sure where to start with this post, so perhaps I should start by saying I'm the world's worst blogger. I apologise, especially to Elizabeth, profusely for this.

We're all told when we start out writing/publishing, "You should blog; get your word out any way you can!" And so on and so on. I started self-publishing in December 2010, and I can safely say that "any way you can" is never the best way to go (at least for me) because what's become obvious is that not all ways suit everyone, and I, for some mysterious reason I might never understand, almost always struggle with the ways that suit most other people.

I'm not good at blogging.

I think the main issue is that I don't enjoy talking about the process of writing while I'm actually writing; nor the book I'm currently working on for that matter. It spoils the evolution of the story, somewhat, for me, and since I'm writing most of the time between publications, that leaves me not a lot to blog about!

So, it's with a heavy heart and wishing that I was a little better at this blogging gig, that I spoke to Elizabeh a few nights ago and decided to cease my part in this blog. After considering the options (e.g. recruiting someone else to take my place and blog with her), Elizabeth has also decided that it may be best to close the blog. But I shall leave her to say her bit below.

Can I extend the hugest of thanks to all the readers over the years who have followed us on here. You will be able to catch both of us in other places. Here's my list below...

Catch Dianna on:


And perhaps most importantly, you can sign up to two of my newsletters: a Release Day Newsletter and a more regular one about my latest updates.


~ * ~

Hey folks,

Well, this is my last Monday post and well, the last post for Not Just A Stiff Upper Lip. I can't say that blogging has ever been my forte. Sometimes I have something to say, but a lot of the time I don't and therefore you get bombarded with posts that sound like I am whining, or just rambling on about nonsense, or tons of updates. If I am being honest most of the time - and the main reason my posts are always closer to midnight - it's because I've sat for an hour or longer trying to come up with something interesting to talk about, and most of the time it works, but a lot of the time it's hard to know what to say. I feel bad for constantly going on about random things and no doubt boring you all to death.

So yes, Dianna and myself have decided that it would be best to close the blog down. You can, as Dianna has pointed out, find us elsewhere online. I do have my own blog, but it is more used to host other authors and their work, though I do have the odd ramble every now and again. I am mainly on Facebook. I'm a status author more than anything and tend to keep all forms of info short and sweet.

Website: www.e-morgan.com
Twitter: @EMorgan2010



Thank you so much for joining us here every week for the last three years. You're all awesome and we hope that we will still see you around online. Take care.

Elizabeth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment