Welcome! Please note this site deals with adult themes.
This blog is the often amusing, sometimes dangerous den of two British writers of contemporary and paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. Most of our stories are based in the UK and our heroes and heroines are passionate Brits - yes, passionate Brits exist! Come on in out of the cold, pull up a chair and see for yourself...

Monday 2 March 2015

Yep, another update

Super sorry I missed last Mondays post. I was feeling, well, down in the dumps, there is no other way I can say it. I felt really tired last week especially across this weekend, and very fed up. I knew I needed to write and do stuff, but it was really hard to make words happen, or to find the enthusiasm and energy to do the little jobs I needed to do.

All of which sucked because I had hit 23K on Blood Book 2 and I was sure I could reach 27k - I finished at 17k last month - and basically do my 10k for the month, but epic fail. It seems like an easy target, but what can I say; I suck at targets, which is probably why I never set dates for releases, or have even agreed to write a book for a certain release date, because I know that I just won't make it. I hate it. I hate that I'm useless in that sense, but I guess there is no point grumbling. Blood Book 2 will be released in the summer one way or another.

So yes, been a crappy week, and another busy month - in the sense that time has passed and I haven't spent enough of it writing - but it is now March. So my aim is to get to 33k by April - 40k if I am able to find an item that will freeze time so I can have longer to write.

The book is going well despite the slow progress. It did slow down a little this month because I had to pause and snoop around google map. Part of Blood Book 2 is set in Venice, Italy. A big portion of it is indoors and in two particular areas, but there is the odd scene which will be set somewhere else. So, I like to go on the street view on google map and pretend I am walking about, to get the feel for the place, and to help with setting up the scene. So, I spent two days doing that at the beginning of this week. I can now push forward and carry on.

Funnily enough, I have figured out a title for the novella which is set between Cranberry Blood (Book One) and Blood Book Two... Have I mentioned that? That I am writing a novella between the two novels? Sorry if I haven't. All these plans in my head, and I tend to talk so much about this series I don't know what I have or haven't said. Book 1.5, which has got a title but you can't know just yet ;) is still being planned, but it stars two new character, it links in to the main arc, but its not directly linked... sub plot, yeah, that's what I'm looking for.

So yeah, title for Blood 1.5 came easily, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to writing it, because the two main characters come out with some funny shit. I have two titles in mind for Blood Book 2, but I'm waiting for one to jump out and be like "ME! It's Me!" but until then I'm afraid Blood 2 is the nickname.  I will be holding a cover/title reveal for Book 2 hopefully in May/June. Exciting!
So yeah, I guess today's post is an update post. Blood 2 is at 23k. There will be a Blood 1.5, which I will be writing after I finish Blood 2. Cover/Title reveal for Blood 2 will hopefully be held in May/June. The aim is to release Blood 2 in summer, and I may end up regretting throwing this out there, but I'm hoping to have Blood 1.5 released by Winter - so any time from Nov 2015 - Feb 2016.

What else is going on?

Oh, I'm taking part in Vampire Month over at D.A. Lascelles'blog - once I get my post back to him. Oops. Better get that done asap - along with other fab authors. So do feel free to keep checking in, and discover some other fab Vampire stories.

On March 14th I'm taking part in a Facebook Author Event - The book is Fully Loaded by Theresa Hissong, and it is a release party. My hours slot is 3-4pm est time - which I believe is  8-9pm here in the UK. God I hope I have that right, but I will be there and I will be talking books, sharing excerpts, and holding some competitions. So, do stop by and see me.

Last but not least, April 4th I will be in Sheffield, UK at the Yorkshire CosplayConvention. Along with fellow authors, Ninfa Hayes, D.A. Lascelles, R.A. Smith, Miriam Khan and I will be selling and signing paperback copies of my books - She-Wolf (Blood Series: Prequel), Cranberry Blood (Blood Series: Book One), and Razel Dazzle - as well as giving away free swag. It would be awesome if you could come join us and guess who we're dressed as. Yes, that's right, we will be in costume. ;)


I think that is it. Here's hoping March is more productive for us all. I hope to see you at one of the above events. Stay awesome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment